Thursday, January 2, 2014

Positive Revolution!

Once again, it has been too long since I posted anything.

I have been writing posts. In my head. They just never end up where they need to be, either written down in a journal, or posted on this very public journal blog thingy. They just sort of bounce around in my head. Some have been more destructive than others, starting as a feather of an idea, floating on the wind. Slowly they morph into something more solid, like a rubber bouncy ball, bouncy around and knocking things over. Eventually, some of these ideas and forgotten notes turn into boulders, crashing through my mind, devastating everything in their path. The negativity then becomes like a desolate ruin of a town, with boulder crashed buildings, rotting bouncy balls in corners of forgotten homes, with a feather covered in soot in the middle of a broken road.

Most of the things I have been thinking about, and letting destroy my psyche, are negative. I once again find myself harping on all the bad things in my life, all the things I can't change, and all the things I have down wrong. From little social missteps in conversations, to failing as a functioning human in general. I feel like I should write them down, blog about them, to get them out of my head. To unleash this negative space unto the world, so that I am free of it. However, that is not really fair to the world at large, and I am afraid that it would just get replaced with more negative space in my head.

Instead, I am going to reconstruct the thought processes altogether! I am going to stop thinking negatively, harping on the horrible, feeding on the sadness. Instead, I am going to train my brain to think positively, focusing on the awesome, and living on the happiness! Notice I did not say I will TRY to do these things. I will do them. There is no try. You either do it or you don't. Right? Right.



Recently I watched a video on Ted Talks about the secret to happiness. My boss at work (yes, this amazing agoraphobe has a job! More on that epic piece of awesome later, hopefully) shared a video with everyone, and it really struck a cord with me. I hope the others at work watched it, contemplated it, and are thinking of implementing some of it's ideas. I kind of doubt it, but you never know. This isn't about them, though, it's all about me, so...as I was saying, I watched this video that resonated with me, and now I will share it with you:

This has inspired me to be a unicorn.
It has also inspired me to change the way I think. This video, and what he talks about, planted the see of revolution in my mind. By following some of the suggestions in this talk, such as journaling a positive experience every day, and focusing on three new things that I am grateful for everyday, I can turn that seed into a full blow happiness revolution! Changing the way I think, changing the way I feel, changing the way I perceive the world.

VIVA LA REVOLUCION!


No comments:

Post a Comment